“One good thing about music is, when it hits you, you feel no pain” -BOB MARLEY
A love for music characterizes a special sort of person. Enoch Harold is one such who has made music his life.
It is said that when passion becomes a career, work becomes play. Enoch, too, anchored his passion in music at a very young age. Today, this multi-talented personality has achieved significant visibility in Pune music circles.
Having studied Western classical guitar with reference to the ABRSM syllabus from an early age, Enoch developed strong musical base which enabled him to have an appreciation and understanding across diverse styles. Starting at thirteen, he eventually became an enthusiastic follower of many genres of music. He also participated successfully in several competitions at school and college levels.
A pivotal moment in Enoch’s life as a musician was his introduction to Piyush Egbert, a guitar virtuoso from his home town of Allahabad. Enoch still regards Piyush as his most significant influence.
Currently, Enoch continues to perform as a Flamenco guitarist, and with his rock band Soulshine. However, a lutherie, or the building of guitars, has been his major passion, ever since he constructed his first acoustic guitar at the age of fifteen. Today, he is well-known around India as a maker of fine guitars.
Enoch attributes his considerable musical versatility to his long-standing interest in several genres, which is reflected in his choice of some key influences:
Paco De Lucia – the renowned Flamenco Guitarist Virtuoso and Composer.
Vincente Amigo –Flamenco Composer and player.
Joe Satriani and Steve Vai –American Instrumental Rock Guitarists and Composers.
Al Di Meola – Acclaimed American Jazz Fusion and Latin Jazz Guitarist.
Gary Moore – A widely recognized singer and virtuoso guitarist.
Robben Ford – the quintessential American Rock, Blues and Jazz guitarist.
Other influences include artists such as Brett Garsed , Andy Timmons, Tom Quayle and Guthrie Govan.
Enoch’s Achievements and Activities:
– Enoch is the official guitar tech for the well-known Indian band Agnee.
– Due to his training in Western classical music he can read staff notation, making him a considerable asset as a session musician. He has played on sessions for Marathi movies such asRanga Patanga and has also worked on several TV jingles.
– He has worked with All India Radio and composed jingles for children which have been aired all over North India.
– He has performed with an ensemble known as the“The Guitar Collective” which consisted of some very well-known guitarists such as Jayant Sankrityayana (a jazz and western classical guitar player), Anoop Kumar (Smokestack) and Amano Manish, a virtuoso Indian classical slide guitarist
– Enoch is also working with a full set blues rock band called Soulshine, which is increasingly visible on the Pune music scene.
Enoch with Soulshine at the Irish Village
– His skills as a flamenco guitarist is incredible which helped him form a trio with a Latin dancer named Raquel and a Cajon player from Bombay named Claude
Enoch with Raquel, Claude and the Guitar Collective ..
– Enoch has been judging the Hard Rock Rising event at the Hard Rock Café in Pune for the past three years
– He is currently working on his own Flamenco instrumental project with Vatayan (current drummer for Leslie Lewis).
Enoch is a multi-talented person who believes in following his dreams. His Flamenco performances are inspired and riveting, and his guitar crafting and restoration skills are at the top of the charts in Western India. He is currently making a custom built Telecaster-inspired guitar for Koco of Agnee and a Santos Hernandez model Flamenco guitar for his own performances.
Please visit –